How do you know when your home has hard water? And, what do you do about it? There are a few signs to look out for to determine if your home has hard water and if you think you may have it, you should look into a water softener for your Byron home. As experts in plumbing and all things water softeners, the experts here at Gander Plumbing are here to tell you all about the signs and signals to look out for.
While hard water is not dangerous to your family’s health, it can still be quite the hassle. It can shorten the life span of water-using appliances, it can make cleaning your bathrooms and kitchen more difficult and it can cause problems with dry skin and dry hair. Here are a few more issues that could indicate the need for a water softener in your home:
- First, take a look at your bathroom and kitchen faucets. Do you see white spots? Is it difficult to get those white spots off of the taps, no matter what type of cleaning product you use or how hard you scrub? These are some other signs of hard water. A water softener can help make it easier to keep your kitchen and bathroom clean and free of those white spots.
- Do you have issues with dry hair or skin that won’t go away no matter what you do? If you are noticing problems with dry skin or dull and dried out hair, this is another good indication that your house has hard water. Water softeners can help with dry skin and hair that is brittle or dried out. Removing the excess minerals in your water could result in softer skin and hair for you and your family members.
- How easy is it to lather soap or shampoo? If it seems to be more difficult than usual, you might be dealing with a hard water problem.
- Does your white colored clothing or other fabrics start to develop a grayish hue to them? Has your colored clothing and fabrics started to fade sooner than normal? You may need a water softener.
- Are you seeing white spots on your dishes even after they have been through the dishwasher or cleaned by hand? These white spots are mineral deposits caused by hard water and you may require a water softener to get them sparkling clean.
Are you interested in learning more about getting a new water softener in your Byron home? Call Gander Plumbing at 507-282-7540, or you can contact us to Schedule An Appointment.