Do you suspect your home has hard water? While hard water is not dangerous to your family’s health, it can still be a hassle. It can shorten the life span of water-using appliances, it can make cleaning your bathrooms and kitchen more difficult and it can cause problems with dry skin and dry hair. The best way to get rid of hard water is with a water softener. Rochester residents know they can call Gander Plumbing to have one installed, serviced and maintained. Here are a few other telltale signs that hard water might be an issue at your house.
- One of the best ways to tell if you should look into getting a water softener is by looking at your dishes and glassware. Are you seeing white spots on them, even after they have been through the dishwasher or cleaned by hand? These white spots are mineral deposits caused by hard water.
- If you or any of your family members are noticing problems with dry skin or dull and dried out hair, this is another good indication that your house has hard water. Water softeners can help with dry skin and hair that is brittle or dried out. Removing the excess minerals in your water could result in softer skin and hair for you and your family members.
- Along the same lines, how easy is it to lather soap or shampoo? If it seems to be more difficult than usual, you might be dealing with a hard water problem.
- Another sign that you have a hard water problem is when your white colored clothing or other fabrics start to develop a grayish hue to them. Also, your colored clothing and fabrics will start to fade sooner than they normally would.
- Take a look at your bathroom and kitchen faucets. Do you see the same white spots that you see on your dishes and glassware? Is it difficult to get those white spots off of the taps, no matter what type of cleaning product you use or how hard you scrub? These are some other signs of hard water. A water softener can help make it easier to keep your kitchen and bathroom clean and free of those white spots.
Are you interested in learning more about getting a new water softener in your Rochester home? Call Gander Plumbing at 507-282-7540, or you can contact us to Schedule An Appointment.